The story of Gee Free Chicken Pot Pie began when founder Susan visited friends when traveling overseas. The family needed to avoid gluten and Susan was served the most delicious puff pastries. A long-time food professional, Susan had never had anything quite like these crispy, yet tender, tasty treats. Excited, she wasted no time calling master baker and friend Steve. “We have to find a way to bring this to the United States!”, she said. When distribution proved too complex, Susan and Steve worked to recreate and perfect what Susan knew would be a sensational hit. The first three products in the line are the savory Spanakopita, scrumptious Franks in Blankets, and possibly the best frozen Chicken Pot Pie on the market. You don’t need to have gluten sensitivities to appreciate these amazing recipes. Tasty, crispy and easy to bake.
Ingredients: Water, Potatoes, Potato Starch, Chicken (Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Breast Meat [Antibiotic Free]), Carrots, Peas, Butter (Sweet Cream, Natural Flavorings), Water, Apple Cider Vinegar, Canola Oil, Eggs, Sugar, Chicken Base (Oven Roasted Chicken with Natural Juices, Salt, Sugar, Rendered Chicken Fat, Onion Powder, Torula Yeast, Cooked Dehydrated Chicken Meat, Turmeric, Natural Flavorings), Salt, Xanthan Gum, Baking Powder, Inulin (Chickory Root), Baking Soda, Guar Gum, Citric Acid, Black Pepper, Thyme.
Serving Size 8oz (227 g/8 oz)
Servings Per Container 1
Amount Per Serving
Calories 290 Calories from Fat 110
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12g 19%
Saturated Fat 6g 30%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 435g 15%
Sodium 720mg 30%
Total Carbohydrate 38g 13%
Dietary Fiber 3g 10%
Vitamin A 60% Vitamin C 10%
Calcium 6% Iron 6%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Your daily values may be higher or lower depending
on your calorie needs.
Calories 2,000 2,500
Total Fat Less than 65g 80g
Sat Fat Less than 20g 25g
Cholesterol Less than 300g 300g
Sodium Less than 2,400g 2,400g
Total Carbohydrate 300g 375g
Dietary Fiber 25g 30g
Keep Frozen until ready to bake.
- Thaw at room temperature for 25 minutes before baking
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Place pot pie on cookie sheet.
- Bake on cookie sheet for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and steam rises from filling
For food safety and quality, follow cooking instructions.
Product may be very hot after cooking.
Not recommended for toaster oven. Do not Microwave.
TIPS FOR SHOPPING FROZEN
It’s our goal to have satisfied shoppers. To maximize your frozen order you should fill up the frozen corrugated box with as many products as it fits. Frozen orders all require a corrugated cooler box, and you get the best value when you fill it up. Whether you put 1 or multiple products you still pay for the initial corrugated cooler box. To learn how just add products to the cart: Inside your cart you’ll see under each frozen item a blue notation with suggestions on how to add products for a better shipping value on 1 or multiple types of frozen products all in your cart. We’re always looking out for you 🙂
MORE TIPS FOR FROZEN
On orders that include frozen items placed on Wednesday-Sunday to ensure freshness of products they will be shipped out on Monday. However in certain instances depending upon shipping destination frozen orders may be released for shipment on Wednesday, but not all orders. Frozen itms in your order may also be shipped separately than grocery items (non frozen) and therefore would arrive separately if you ordered other products in the same order. No worries.
TRACKING & BOXES
Orders placed will be accompanied by a tracking number therefore it is required that someone be present to accept and sign for the delivery on the first attempt. Keep in mind that shipping a frozen order requires a corrugated box that includes a unique ice/box that incurs a handling fee, unfortunately. Please be patient as we fulfill your orders in a timely manner.
- All frozen items are also provided a value (i.e. .25, .5, .75, 1, 1.5 and so on to 5) determining its frozen attribute based on sizes (area in inches) in fitting into a frozen corrugated box. Each frozen sale will be determined by the option of two corrugated boxes (small and Xsmall size) and dry ice. Dry Ice has a weight of 5 lbs blocks on average and the minimum amount of dry ice added to frozen orders is 8 lbs and maximum will be 22 lbs. The dry ice determination is mostly dependent upon space and mostly shipping destination. We suggest you adjust your frozen items to get the best home delivery.
- SGF applies a $1.75 frozen handling fee per order for processing of orders.
- SGF applies an additional frozen handling fee using a tiered structure for the corrugated box, frozen container & dry ice to package frozen items. There are two classes of frozen corrugated boxes Xsmall & Small sizes. This breakdown is as follows:
- The Xsmall frozen box can accommodate frozen unit sizes up to 5 (see frozen product values above) and the tiered handling fees that will apply are for the initial box $9.50 and all subsequent boxes in the same sizing configurations $6.99, $4.30, $1.55 and $0.99 for each additional box required respectively.
- The Small frozen box can accommodate frozen unit sizes up to 10 (see frozen product values above) and the tiered handling fees that will apply are for the initial box $9.50 and all subsequent boxes in the same sizing configurations $6.99, $4.30, $1.55 and $0.99 for each additional box required respectively.
MULTIPLE SHIPPING ATTEMPTS
Strictly Gluten Free will not be liable for products that have been spoiled due to multiple delivery attempts. On orders that include both frozen and grocery items they will be packaged and shipped separately. At times the frozen and grocery packages may not arrive in one delivery and would arrive separately for freshness purposes.